Make a difference in the life of a child.
Whether it’s only one Sunday per year or a week at camp, you will make a difference in a child’s life and nothing is more rewarding!
Thank you for your interest in applying to become a Sibling Connections volunteer. The first step in the process is to contact our volunteer coordinator, Amanda Neas, at volunteer[at]siblingconnections[dot]org for a brief conversation to learn more about the role(s). If the conversation confirms that Sibling Connections is a fit, you will then be asked to fill out an online application that includes permission for Sibling Connections to run a CORI/SORI background check. We will also ask for three personal/professional references.
- Volunteers must be 21 in order to volunteer. A background working with kids is great, but not necessary!
- Access to a private vehicle is required for Sibling Sundays as we offer transportation to our youth participants.
Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Sibling Sundays Volunteer (Boston, Lowell, Springfield): Spend one Sunday a month bringing siblings together for an activity in the community and lunch. You will transport and chaperone a sibling group to a fun event set up by Sibling Connections. Up to 30 siblings and 7-10 volunteers will enjoy ice skating, apple picking, alpine skiing and everything in between as a group!
- Weekend Retreats Volunteer: Three times a year we hold a weekend retreat at winterized camps throughout MA. We bring 30-40 siblings (15-20 sibling groups) together to enjoy a typical weekend of meals and fun. Volunteers are not responsible for sibling transportation, but are there to spend quality time with the kids and help set up activities, eat meals with the group, etc. In 2020 we have retreats scheduled for February 21-23 (Groton), and April 24-26 (Berkshires).
- Sibling Connections Camp MA: One week each August we host up to 120 siblings (50+ sibling groups) and 75 volunteers for a wonderful week of camp in Western MA!
- Program Intern: We are looking for a program intern to help run our Sibling Sundays and Weekend Retreats. For consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hear why Stefanie, a 12 year veteran, keeps coming back to CTB-MA year after year!