For DCF Social Workers on 2019 Camp to Belong Registration Procedures
We are excited to be offering our 15th year of Camp to Belong MA August 11-16, 2019, at scenic Camp Matoaka in Smithfield, ME!
Because all MA camps are reapplying for DCF contracts that won’t be awarded until June 2019, our process for this year is a little different. Under our past contract, the negotiated rate for camp was $475/camper. We will update that information after June 1, 2019.
1. Pre-registration: If you are interested in sending a sibling group to Camp to Belong MA this year and would like to reserve slots, simply fill out the short pre-registration form which will hold spots for your sibling group(s). There is no financial obligation, and no penalty for canceling registration by June 30, 2019. We will accept pre-registrations until the deadline of June 1, 2019. After that, the normal registration process (step 3) will be the procedure for registering sibling groups.
2. Communicate with the designated person in your office responsible for camp/recreational funding (Camp Coordinator) as soon as possible. This is the only person with the ability to approve the use of internal DCF funds for camp so please follow your internal procedures. Even if you plan to use outside funding (e.g Rise Above, Wonderfund) please keep your Camp Coordinator informed.
3. In-take Process: The CTB program manager will coordinate the in-take process, which includes an initial phone call with the referring worker, calls with the foster families/group homes, and online application so that the sibling group is ready to go. We also conduct in person visits with every camper prior to camp.
4. Invoicing/financial: If you have not changed registration/informed CTB program manager in writing (email acceptable) that you are canceling registration by June 30, we will begin processing invoices for camp. There is a 30 day cancellation policy in effect so any cancellation after July 11 will be subject to the full camp fee. However, we will accept substitute sibling groups that qualify.
5. Service delivery reports: We will provide service delivery report (SDR) and payment voucher (PV) forms at the conclusion of camp in order to initiate payment.
To Make A Referral To Sibling Sundays & Weekend Retreats
Step One: Complete our online referral form
Step Two: Our Program Manager will contact you after reviewing the sibling groups’ eligibility, and set up a brief follow-up phone call.
Step Three: For our tuition-based programs, the referring worker will obtain consent to continue the registration process from their Area Manager or Business Manager.
Step Four: For our overnight programs, the referring worker will complete an Online Application for each of their youth. This link will be provided upon the youth’s acceptance into our program.
Step Five: Our Program Manager will conduct intake visits (45 mins-1 hour) with each child who we accept into our program. We will cover rules and expectations, show pictures of past events, and answer any questions the child or family have.